KALAMAZOO, MI – The Borgess Foundation thanks the 128 golfers who teed off to fight heart disease at the Foundation’s 22nd annual Borgess Golf for Health on Monday, July 15, 2013.
The annual outing, which was held at the Gull Lake Country Club in Kalamazoo, raised $38,208. The proceeds from the event will support the Borgess Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
“Borgess has been a regional leader for decades in heart care,” said Tony McDonnell, Chief Development Officer, Borgess Foundation. “Thanks to everyone – the sponsors, volunteers and golf participants – who came out to help our healers heal friends, family and neighbors who turn to Borgess Cardiac Rehabilitation. They are highly instrumental in helping us connect and partner with patients and their families in health for their life’s journey.”
A total of 45 sponsors that represent area businesses, organizations and individuals participated in the event, including Elite Sponsor AVB. Time and talent committed by Borgess volunteers and Gull Lake Country Club staff, along with the sponsorship and donation support, contributed to the success of the event. NewsChannel 3 anchor Kate Tillotson served as the emcee for this year’s Borgess Golf for Health. Chris Denick of That’s Where, who survived a severe heart attack while on a golf course and recovered in the Borgess Cardiac Rehabilitation program, was the guest golfer.
Sponsors of the 2013 Borgess Golf for Health included:
- American Village Builders
- Crothall Healthcare
- Neurosurgery of Kalamazoo, P.C.
- Parker Hannifin
- Premier Radiology
- Caron Precision, Inc.
- Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman, LLC
- Mall City Mechanical, Inc.
- Miller Johnson Attorneys and Counselors
- Tower Pinkster Titus
Hole in One Sponsor
- Cole Buick-GMC-Cadillac
50/50 Ball Drop
- Healthcare Performance Group
- Smith, Haughey, Rice & Roegge
Closest to Line Sponsor
- Huffmaster Companies
Betting Hole Sponsor
- Lentz USA Service Centers, Inc.
Longest Drive Sponsor
- Cerner Corp.
Longest Putt Sponsor
- Knight Watch
Wiffle Ball Sponsor
- Michigan Blood
- Simplex Grinnell
Closest to Pin Sponsor
- The Surgical Group of Southwest Michigan
- Accretive Health
- Airway Oxygen
- American Metal Fab, Inc.
- Burnham & Flower Group
- Candescent Healing
- Central Tile & Terrazzo
- Eckert Wordell, P.C.
- Green Bay Packaging
- Handorn Cabinetry
- KNI-Southwest Michigan Imaging Center, LLC
- Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Laurels of Galesburg
- MOSS Telecom
- Drs. Nicoara & Alexandra Oprescu
- P.K. Contracting, Inc.
- Priority Health
- Rathco Safety Supply, Inc.
- Thomas E. Rossi Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Ryan
- Trinity Health Group
- Tuffy Tire & Auto Service
|Longest Drive||Erick Nelson||Michelle Braymer|
|Closest to the Line||Greg Dobson||Linda Lawton|
|Closest to the Pin||Jeff Swafford||Michelle Braymer|
|Longest Putt||Tony Standerfer||Erin Moore|
|Wiffle Balle Challenge||Craig DeNooyer||Michelle Braymer|
|50/50 Ball Drop Raffle||Rich Felbinger|
First Place Team
- James Babel, MD; Michael Hardiman, MD; Albert Little; Eric Nelson
Second Place Team
- Jordan Rich; Christopher Ryan; Jason Ryan, MD; Tom Ryan, MD
Random Team Drawing
- Mike Pratt; Chris Shride; Scott Vanderleek; David Olson