KALAMAZOO, MI – Numerous Borgess Health physician practices have been selected as 2013 Patient-Centered Medical Home-designated practices by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) provides continuous, coordinated and comprehensive care for the whole person – care that is highly accessible, compassionate and effective. The PCMH also helps the patient deal with the healthcare system.
The physician practices that have been re-designated are:
- Borgess Family Medicine – Lakeview, Battle Creek
- Borgess Internal Medicine – Columbia Ave., Battle Creek
- Borgess Internal Medicine – Currier Drive
- Borgess Internal Medicine – Gull Road
- Borgess Internal Medicine – North Professional
- ProMed Physicians Family Practice – Mattawan
- ProMed Physicians Family Practice – Three Rivers
- ProMed Physicians Family Practice – Woodbridge
- ProMed Physicians Pediatrics – Richland
- ProMed Physicians Pediatrics — Woodbridge
Two Borgess physician practices received new designations:
- Borgess Family Medicine – Capital Ave., Battle Creek
- ProMed Physicians Family Practice — Richland
In the Patient-Centered Medical Home, patients work closely with their primary care physicians (pediatricians, internists and family practice doctors) as they navigate across the health care system. Physicians coordinate the patient’s care, manage chronic conditions, track all medications, offer extended office hours, and practice ongoing health management to keep patients health and prevent complications.
“Navigating the healthcare system can be complex and challenging for the patient,” said Cindy Gaines, MSN, RN, vice president, Systems of Care, Borgess Health. The Borgess physician practices are unique in connecting with patients to foster an environment for better healing. We are proud to help our patients take an active role in their own health care.”